Monday, April 18, 2016

Day 2... we missed the train.

Well, our first day at the schools here was off to a roaring good start, we all ate breakfast and made our way to the train station... 14 people, 8 got on... 6 did not. We quickly searched the next train time, 30 minutes later and a nice man, who turned out to be a London tourist ambassador confirmed we made the right decision. After turning up late to the schools, we got a lovely tour. It turns out that the school we were at used to be a hospital back in WWII! Crazy to think of what must have gone on there. The school system is quite different here, yet I felt oddly at home. 8 & 9 year olds act the same no matter where you go! And, teachers face the same struggles. Although, to all my teacher friends, just be happy we don't have to teach all subjects and I mean all! P.E., Music, Art, you're the school nurse, your the special educator and more!


After school we hopped back on the train and made our way back to the hotel, and I finally got some English currency! 

I went to Covent Garden and browsed a few shops. What a spectacular place to visit, there is a lot to see and do, and of course the shopping is amazing! They even have TK Maxx! I didn't get any pictures, I was too busy looking.

Unfortunately my restaurant was packed so we ended up heading back to the hotel to find a place to eat. That ended with us finding the restaurant closed. Luckily we happened upon a lovely little restaurant and pub. Fish, chips and a pint to end the day!

More adventures tomorrow! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment