We arrived in Chicago this afternoon. Did you know that while waiting to cross the Chicago Skywalk toll you can stop through a Mcdonald's drive through?!? We were very surprised.
We drove through Chicago seeing all the many things the city has to offer, White Sox Stadium and Lollapalooza was this weekend!
After dropping our bags at the hotel, and Ashley forgetting to give the valet her keys, we headed off to explore the city. We hopped on the red line and went out to Wrigley Field. While riding the train I hear:
Woman: "excuse me, are you related to Catherine Zeta-Jones? You have her eyes, hair color, eyebrows and face shape!"
Me: "no, I wish, but thank you."
Woman: "well, where you from?!?"
Me: "Vermont!"
Woman: "oh... I thought you were going to say someplace more exotic." (turns away disappointed)
Meanwhile, Ash was clueless to the entire exchange.
I got a Cubs shirt, although I do prefer the Red Sox... shhh! Don't tell the locals. ;).
After Wrigley field we grabbed a drink and then got a little lost on our way to dinner. We walked for about 35 minutes before realizing that we had missed it by a block the entire time.
Some traditional Chicago style pizza, the picture contains the shadow of Ashley's finger, filled us up and then we proceeded to walk back to the hotel. I ran into baby Jesus, tried to look skinny with the Skinny Girl and then saw a cool rock and roll display. Even without the silly google map blue dot we made it! It was that silly blue dot that got us lost in the first place, ugh!
Dominique our trusty front desk clerk checked us in and zoomed us up to the 16th floor! Few! It's high, a little rear window-esk.
Now we're charging our phone and ourselves, enjoying some yummy Trader Joe's cookies.
Good night! Omaha tomorrow, I hear it's somewhere in middle America. ;)

























After seeing all the corn fields along the way I'd be drinking too!
ReplyDelete