Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Good Morning Stonehenge

Today we woke up extra early in Bath, unfortunately it was a little too early and so we decided rather than wait for places to open, we'd get on the road. So, off we went to Stonehenge. We were some of the first people to arrive which was perfect. We had a nice self guided audio tour and learned all about the ancient stones, how they got there and the theories of their purpose. We also walked through the exhibition building and the huts outside that are replicas of what they believed the creators of Stonehenge stayed in.

There was a bit of drama at Stonehenge... a little boy escaped and tried to run through the stones. His mother then proceeded to chase after him and after a few minutes, she successfully detained him. His grandmother then proceeded to pray for his forgiveness. Dad and I were thoroughly entertained!

After that we got back on the road and grabbed a quick breakfast at Bill's. Then it was off to York. I guess it's lucky we left when we did because the traffic and weather were nightmarish. We arrive shortly after 6pm and checked into the Citystay Aparthotels. I highly recommend these, you get an apartment like hotel room complete with kitchen, and complimentary laundry! That's a major bonus because we were officially beginning to run low on clothes... well dad was, I could go for another couple days because I packed so much. I must say though, everything I packed I have used or will use, so thanks to Denise and Kate for helping me with that.

Right now we are waiting to switch our laundry to the dryer, (sorry mom, no sorting this time), and then we will head to dinner, someplace close because the wind is whipping and the rain is pouring buckets! Real English weather has finally arrived, thank goodness for raincoats!

Tomorrow we will explore York and then head on to Liverpool!

No comments:

Post a Comment