Saturday, July 8, 2017

All Over Aberdeen!

Well this morning started with a bit of a bust. I went to the launderette to do laundry only to find out that they didn't have a change machine... not to worry! I went and got change at a nearby store, only to find out that the machines do not accept the new one pound coins... ugh! Laundry shall be completed in Glasgow.

I wasn't going to let that ruin my day, so I dropped my backpack off at the hotel and was off. All over Aberdeen was the goal for today. First stop, Maritime Museum! What a cool museum it was, from artwork to actual boat cabins, to a complete exhibit on the U.K. oil industry, they had it all! I spent quite a bit of time there today looking at everything and even doing a few of the simulations they had.

Next, it was time for lunch! After lunch I was back on the beat exploring the streets of Aberdeen. From the architecture of the new and old buildings, to the amazing and surprising graffiti that appears randomly around the corners, you never know what you'll find.... you may even find an Omya plant! I was thinking of you Jill when I saw that!

I did manage to find, just by chance, the Brewdog bar, home of the delicious Punk IPA! May have popped in for one, but you would to if you like a good IPA!

Tomorrow I'm off to Glasgow to start another adventure! Well, first to do laundry and then go adventure! I can't believe how fast time is flying! Only 10 days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment