It's only my first day here and I already know I've not planned enough time in Glasgow, or Scotland for that matter! There's so much to see and do in this country, I should have planned a longer time here. Anywho, today was mostly driving and then an interesting afternoon at the laundromat. The man that worked there was really nice and quite entertaining, especially once he found out I was from America. He especially like the fact that I was my clothing at the appropriate temperature of cold, which is how he first figured out I must be from America, because Brits only use warm or hot, "they're rouining their clothes and they don't even know it!" We had a few good laughs while I was in there, especially because a couple came in (also from America) and asked if he would take a $10 bill in exchange for some pounds... a launderette is not a bank, although he does give good travel tips!
After that I went for a walk in the Botanic Garden and then went to dinner at a bar/restaurant recommended by a girl I met at the launderette. It was really good, Brel Bar on Ashton Street, if you're ever in Glasgow, hit them up! I recommend the mussels.
Well, early morning tomorrow, I'm heading North for a bit and then the city exploration in the afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment