Today I drove to Aberdeen. What a beautiful ride it was! Scotland just gets more and more beautiful! I actually drove through Aberdeen today, and went to Pitmedden Garden, just outside of Aberdeen. Holy cow what a beautful place! It has small exhibits that remind me of the Shelburne museum, and then some of the most beautiful gardens and landscape artwork you have ever seen! I mean, it truly is artwork what these gardeners have achieved! I spent about an hour walking around this place in the rain and it was well worth it. I then warmed myself up with a cream tea in the tea room.
After that, I went looking for a castle. I say I went looking and that's about it. I didn't find it. You see, the road my GPS was trying to get me to go down was closed, so I ended up lost on some back country lanes. When I say lanes, it is really a road big enough for one car to drive down and maybe like 1/2 of another car, luckily, they had lots of passing places and there wasn't much traffic. I decided to bag the castle for the day and headed to my hotel. Well, that was an interesting idea. Not 20 minutes into settling in and... wahwahwahwahwah! Fire alarm! Then as I grabbed my coat and purse and walked out the door, it went off, false alarm.
I decided that was my cue to get dinner and then go for a walk around Aberdeen. Aberdeen gives me kind of a NYC (but much smaller scale), vibe. Something about the buildings and its location along the coast, and the shipyard across from my hotel. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and exploring some more. Also, on a different note, one of my favorite shows here, which is also on Netflix, is "Escape to the Country." People want to move to the country from cities, so they get shown 3 different house in the county of their choosing. They also then show some interesting things in that county. Well, Grandad and Grandmim, and dad, you will never guess what I saw this evening! Cornwall, and more specifically, one of the houses was in Newlyn! And, the woman ended up buying that house!! And, I'm pretty sure we walked right past it dad! Love that show!
Cheerio! 😉
No comments:
Post a Comment