Today I decided to just walk and wander. I did have a little bit of a plan of where I was headed, but no real end goal, just taking in the sites, sun and fresh-ish air (it is a city after all). I started my journey stopping in at a little cafe called Exmouth. Let me tell you, baked goods galore and a tasty selection of simple breakfast items as well.
After that I was off. I've wanted to go for a walk along the Southbank for a while so that's where I headed. First stop to getting there, the Tower Bridge. An amazing structure it is. You can even take a tour of the top part and look down at the people below, I did not do that. After getting across the bridge I walked into Borough market. Full of street food vendors and little restaurants. The smell is incredible. I bookmarked that in the brain and decided to go back for lunch.
I finally made it to the Queens Walk where I passed a lot of interesting things. The first was the Tower bridge going up for a boat to go through. That was followed by the HMS Belfast. I did have a plan to go back to that, but forgot. Keep walking and you will pass the London Bridge and then Shakespeare'a Globe Theater and the Tate Modern. There is literally so much to see along this walk! I even found the ITV London Studios where they film This Morning and Loose Women! I did see a set up outside for filming, but I think they had already finished by the time I got there.
Eventually, I got to the Jubilee Bridge. It's really a neat looking bridge, with excellent views of the picturesque Big Ben and London Eye, a great photo op! Once across I made my way to Trafalgar Square. I finally got a shot of one of the lions! When Dad-o and I went they were gated off for a concert. Walking through there, inheaded on to the West End and Piccadilly Circus. I saw yet another Waterstones and couldn't resist. I ended up buying a few picture books, a David Williams book (I tell myself for the kids, but really I want to read it) and I couldn't resist, a copy of Nadiya Hussain's new cook book! That's right Granddad and Grandmim! Winner of the Great British Baking show! Oh, and best part... it's a signed copy!! Nadiya's British Food Adventure is all mine, I had to do it! Now... to find room in my suitcase. 😬
Tomorrow is my last full day in London and I think I might go back to the Southbank and visit some of the sites I skipped over today. This month has really flown!
No comments:
Post a Comment