Saturday, July 15, 2017

London I'm back!

Another train ride and I made it to London for the last leg of my journey. After settling into my hipster hostel, I headed out on the town... well, at least up the road. Old Spittafields Market was the destination. It's a great place to go for shopping, unique vendors mixed with high street shops, and best of all... street food! That's right folks food from every corner of the earth.

Me? Well, I settled on a naan lamb wrap, delicious! I walked around for a bit and decided to take my wrap to go. Walking down the street I came to a courtyard where they were playing non other than the Wimbledon mens doubles match! I decided it was the perfect spot to enjoy my wrap and it was. Sitting in a courtyard full of people excited about a tennis match is quite an experience!

After that it was back to the hostel, where I currently sit at the bar. Quite a mixed crowd of people. I am however, sadly, one of the oldest people in the bar. An odd feeling for me, but I'll get over it. There's everyone from Anime characters to kids who I know are 18 but look 12. I feel old haha. I suppose it was bound to happen one of these days, I just haven't gotten used to it yet. On the bright side, they are playing, basically, every song from my U.K. Trip 2017 playlist, so maybe I'm not that old. 😉

Well, that's all for today. Tomorrow I'm going to do some more exploring different parts of London.

I almost forgot! I finished my book today, "Alone on a Wide Wide Sea." I highly recommend it!! A great ending, real emotional rollercoaster! Perfect for the adventurer and family lover in all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment