Well, I started my day visiting 3 different museums. The first was the Natural History Museum, all about earthquakes, volcanoes and how the earth was forms. They even had an earthquake simulator! Next it was off to the Musseum of Science, which focused on the history of communication technology and robots! Yes indeed, robots robots everywhere! Then I hopped on the tube and went to the Museum of London. I think this had the coolest set up, I love walking through exhibits that are set up like the houses, shops or streets from the time. You feel like you're there. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on the museums though.
My real excitement for the day was the walking around. You see, from tube stop to museums you sometimes have to walk a bit, and if you use google maps it's pretty easy. Unless, your me, and you don't exactly take the slight right or you space out and miss a turn. In that case, you find yourself in front of beautiful buildings with amazing metal work archaways, or churches with the sweetest gardens you've ever seen, or, in a hidden little park with a terrific garden and gigantic tree! I also found another old wall randomly in the middle of the city. Getting "lost" can be great sometimes!
After that I headed back to Ols Spitafields Market for some lunch. Can't beat delicious street food. I was going to go for some Turkish food today, but unfortunately the line was quite long and people were getting very pushy. Not to worry though, I stumbled upon the London Bagel Company, on the street just outside the market. I got a burger on a bagel and took it back to my little courtyard/ garden park to watch Wimbledon again. It was a packed crowd today, all rooting for Federer, although they did show some sympathy for the other guy. The people were clapping and cheering and having a ball! I sat enjoying the moment and my burger. I know, I know, of all the options a burger?!? But let me tell you! This was one of the tastiest burgers I have ever had! I don't know what they did to the meat, but man!! Mmmmm!
Of course, after the match, I had to sit around and wait to find out who the new Doctor Who is going to be, and of course the shock of the crowd that they actually did decided on a woman! Yay! Should be very good!
Walked around a little more after that before going back to my room. Missing everyone back home, especially Sully boy! Can't wait to see the family Wednesday and get some puppy snuggles!!
No comments:
Post a Comment