Nothing much to report today. I had a leisurely morning planning tomorrow's big journey and stops along the way, followed by a relaxing lunch and then I spent the afternoon reading on the beach. Well, going for a long walk in the water and then finding a nice spot to sit and read.
So far, I highly recommend the book "Alone on a Wide, Wide Sea," by Michael Morpurgo, if you haven't already read it. It's classified as a middle school read, but it's very interesting. It's about a young boy who was an orphan in England post WWII. He gets separated from his sister and he, along with many other orphans, was moved to Australia to start a new life. They were told life would be great, but in many cases they were put into work camps and lived incredibly challenging lives. The story follows the boys life into adulthood and then it follows his daughters adventure to find out about her father's past life in England and to find his long lost sister. So far it's been a real page turner.
Tomorrow has lots planned, castles and much more!
No comments:
Post a Comment